Maranza ski area
Carving and snowboarding like professionals!
Pure skiing adventure! In close vicinity to the Wiesenrain Guest house (50 m above the guest house connecting lift) you find the valley station of the fully automatic cable car to Maranza-Gitschberg Ski and holiday area Gitschberg Jochtal. You can ski all the way down to the guest house.
Even the incredible family toboggan run is easily accessable through this cable car in complete comfort.
The Maranza-Gitschberg cable car brings you from 1400 m to 2000 m above sea level within only 12 minutes. From here you can either ski down to the valley on perfectly groomed slopes, or just take the cable cars down again. From the newly designed Gitschberg platform at 2512 meters above sea level you can admire the splendid panoramic view of more than 500 snow-covered mountains. (Dolomites, Zillertal Alps, Ötztal Alps, Stubai Alps, Sciliar-Ortles area, Marmolada).
Moreover, with the new bus connection, it is also possible to reach the Valle d’Altafossa in the Jochtal ski area. And don’t miss the night ski slope at the Brunner cable car (50 m from our pension)!
You will also find several possibilities for snowshoe hikes and well-indicated pathways where you can set out on snowy excursions with wonderful panoramic views.
Relax in our sauna area! Recreation for your body, spirit and soul ... Regaining strength for the next day!
By the way, don't miss out on the fun in the alpine huts and après ski bars!
And if you are looking for some relaxation, you can choose the sauna of our guesthouse or try the indoor swimming pool Alpinpool in Maranza: our guests have free access! Adults can relax in the sauna paradise, while the little ones will have fun in the area dedicated exclusively to them, with slides, swings and many other attractions.
- Over 55 kilometres of pistes offering ideal snow conditions at altitudes between 1,300 and 2,500 metres at the sunny south of the Pfunderer Mountains
- Easy: 18,5 KM
- Medium: 27,2 KM
- Hard: 9,3 KM
- 15 modern lift systems for comfortable skiing days
- 2 certified ski schools bearing the “child-friendly” seal
- 3 kids’ parks with full day-care offers: The Gitschberg Jochtal skiing resort is listed as one of Italy’s best skiing areas for children
- 2 tobbogan runs which are accessible with ropeways
- 1 Fun Ride with different small kickers, boxes, steep banks, ecc.
- A modern snow-making system guarantees a full season
- The viewing platforms Gitschberg, Stoanermandl and Astjoch with breath-taking panorama views of over 500 summits and mountains
- Numerous accommodation options for each taste
- Traditional mountain lodges with culinary specialities and traditional delicacies